Empowering a new generation of pioneers to analyze, understand and re-shape our lives, now and forever.
A Leap Forward in GPU Design
Based on cutting-edge “VEGA” ARCHITECTURE built to handle big data sets and diverse compute workloads.
64 nCU COMPUTE UNITS to accelerate demanding workloads.1
Up to 13.1 TFLOPS of peak SPFP to speed up professional applications for high performance.
Cutting-edge memory technology for massive textures and data sets: 16GB of HIGH BANDWIDTH CACHE (HBC) MEMORY.
Support for 10-BIT COLOR for high level of detail and color precision.
Up to 2x PEAK GEOMETRY THROUGHPUT per clock2 to speed up real-time rendering.
OPENCL™ 2.0 SUPPORT for leading professional applications.
COMPREHENSIVE API SUPPORT, including Vulkan® 1.0, OpenGL® 4.5, OpenCL™ 2.0, and DirectX® 12.
AMD LiquidVR™ Technology
Create stunningly photorealistic images.
AMD Eyefinity Technology (Professionals)
Improve productivity with AMD Eyefinity multidisplay technology.
Be the Blockchain Pioneer
Efficiently power through crypto-currency mining using the sixty-four Next-Gen Compute Units (nCUs – 4096 stream processors) at your disposal. Unleash the power of the “Vega” architecture and crunch blockchain algorithms at striking hash rates. Mine the latest cryptocurrencies, enjoy the latest AAA games or create expansive designs and models, Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition is ready to do it all.
As measured using Monero miners. Metrics are calculated based on a network hash rate of X GH/s and using a BTC – USD exchange rate of 1 BTC = $ . These figures vary based on the total network hash rate and on the BTC to USD conversion rate. Block reward is fixed at 12.5 BTC and future block reward reductions are not taken into account. The average block time used in the calculation is 600 seconds. The electricity price used in generating these metrics is $ 0.12 per kWh.3
Meet the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Graphics
Unlock the full potential of the Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition with Radeon™ Pro Software
I Am Focused on Compute Workloads
Get your ROCm driver here.
I Am Focused on Workstation Workloads
If you are a workstation user on a Windows® platform, get your driver here.
If you are a workstation user on a Linux® platform, get your driver here.
I Am Focused on Game Development Workloads
Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition introduces “Driver Options”5. This allows you to switch from Radeon™ Pro Software to the latest Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition for Radeon™ Pro driver (a special version of our Radeon Software driver optimized for this feature downloadable from within Radeon™ Pro Settings) where you can access gaming features for playtesting and performance optimization.
If you are focused on game development on a Windows® platform, get your driver here and use “Driver Options” to switch to “Gaming Mode.”
I Just Want to Game
If you want to game on a Windows® platform, get your driver here and use “Driver Options” to switch to “Gaming Mode.”
- Discrete AMD Radeon™ and FirePro™ GPUs based on the Graphics Core Next architecture consist of multiple discrete execution engines known as a Compute Unit (“CU”). Each CU contains 64 shaders (“Stream Processors”) working together.
- Data based on AMD Engineering design of “Vega” GPU architecture. Radeon R9 Fury X has 4 geometry engines and a peak of 4 polygons per clock. Vega is designed to handle up to 11 polygons per clock with 4 geometry engines. This represents an increase of 2.6x. VG-3 Learn more at www.amd.com/en/technologies.
- Testing done by AMD performance labs on Dec 12, 2017. Cryptonight hashrate and total system power consumption measured on Core i7 4790k with 16GB DDR3-1600 and Windows 10 Pro. Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition with optimized settings: fan 100% and HBM2 1100 MHz. Titan Xp with optimized settings: fan 100%. Radeon™ Frontier Vega Edition tested with 17.30.1029 drivers and Titan Xp tested with 388.59 drivers.
- HEVC (H.265), H.264, and VP9 acceleration are subject to and not operable without inclusion/installation of compatible HEVC players. GD-81
- The “Driver Options” feature is an optional installation when setting up Radeon™ Pro Software and is compatible with the Radeon™ Pro WX series (desktop only) and Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition graphics cards and only supports Windows® 10.
© 2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, LiquidVR, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. DirectX and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. OpenCL is a trademark of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos. OpenGL is a registered trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc. used by permission by Khronos. Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are trademarks of Khronos Group, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.