This article provides instructions on how to uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers from a Microsoft Windows® based PC system with AMD Radeon™ desktop graphics.
- For instructions on how to Uninstall AMD Radeon Software on a Windows® based system, please refer to the following link.
NOTE: The instructions below do not apply to AMD Catalyst™ drivers on AMD APU systems. Systems with AMD APUs do not need to go through the driver uninstall process prior to updating the graphics driver. To update the graphics driver on AMD APU systems, simply download and install the latest compatible AMD Catalyst™ driver. For instructions on installing AMD Catalyst drivers for a Windows® based system, refer to KB article: How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- How-to uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers on Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 based systems
- How to Uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers on Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 Based Systems
- How to uninstall AMD Catalyst™ Drivers in a Windows® XP / Windows 2000 based system
- Move the cursor to the bottom-left of the desktop or Metro user interface (UI). A Start “Box” will appear.
- Right-click the screen to open a context menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features in the Control Panel and follow the steps mentioned in the "Uninstalling AMD Catalyst™ Install Manager (CIM) from the Control Panel" section.
- Click Start
- Open the Control Panel
- Select Programs and Features from the Control Panel and follow the steps mentioned in the "Uninstalling AMD Catalyst™ Install Manager (CIM) from the Control Panel" section.
Uninstalling AMD Catalyst™ Install Manager (CIM) from the Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, select AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
- Click Change
- When prompted by the AMD Catalyst Install Manager – InstallShield Wizard, click Next.
- When prompted by the AMD Catalyst Install Manger - InstallShield Wizard, select Express Uninstall ALL AMD Software.
NOTE! The Windows User Account Control (UAC) may ask, ‘Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?’ If it does – Click, Yes to continue with the uninstall process.
Click, "All Versions" to allow the AMD Catalyst Install Manager to remove ALL previous versions of the AMD display and audio drivers and AMD application components installed by CIM.
Clicking "Current Version" will uninstall only the latest version of drivers and components.
Uninstallation process will begin.
When prompted to uninstall the AMD Catalyst Install Manager, click Remove.
Click, Yes when prompted to restart the system and complete the uninstall process.
NOTE! A system restart is required to complete the uninstall process.
To verify that the AMD Catalyst Drivers and all related software has been removed from the system, return to the Program and Features list, and check that no AMD entries are found. If there are AMD specific entries still listed, remove them using the above process.
- Click on Start
- Open the Control Panel
- Select Add or Remove Programs
- From the list of currently installed programs, select AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
- Select Change and continue with the uninstallation steps.
- Restart the system