Last Updated: April 5, 2019
AMD Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender plug-in for Autodesk® Maya® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their models. With this tool, users can render and then perform a host of post image processes.
The latest Radeon ProRender for Autodesk Maya plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Material Library for Radeon ProRender
The Material Library for Radeon ProRender has been updated with new materials which also now uses Uber Shader as a basis. The shared Material Library (Blender, 3ds Max, and Maya) for Windows® and macOS® is now separated from the Radeon ProRender plug-in installers However, the material updates have been made for all operating systems.
It should also be noted that the files for the Material Library are to be updated independently of the plug-in installers.
The latest Windows and macOS Material Library for the Radeon ProRender plug-ins can be downloaded from the following link:
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.6 Highlights
- AI-Accelerated Denoiser (windows only for now) provides an extra denoiser based on machine learning technology.
- Adaptive Sampling allows the renderer to focus samples on areas of the render that are higher in noise, while ending early in areas without noise. This allows the artist to raise max samples and get less noise without raising render times as much.
- Maya XGen hair geometry (interactive groom mode) is supported.
- Maya fluid volumes are supported.
- Autodesk Maya 2019 support.
- Arnold and Redshift conversion scripts are added to the Radeon ProRender menu.
- Animations of frames can be exported in the RPR format. RPR exports of animations will cache static textures etc. to minimize export size.
- Optimized translation of HSV node.
- Added setting for number of samples to use for Ambient Occlusion nodes.
- Fixed an issue of Uber shader being deleted when attached nodes were deleted.
- Added "Passthrough" node as option to RPR material.
- Added an Albedo AOV.
- GLTF animations can be exported.
- Various fixes to Uber shaders to improve physical correctness. Note geometry using Uber shader may look different but will be more physically correct
- Fixed issue with camera inside a refractive/sss/volume object.
- Fixed issue with anisotropy in Uber producing a checker pattern.
- Fix for textures with .jpeg extension (.jpg worked fine).
- Fixed an issue of adaptive subdivision with displacement map spinning the CPU at 100% before render starts.
- Fix light motion blur on CPU.
- Mesh export time is improved.
- Fix refraction + volume on CPU.
- Fix CPU crash for using "Opacity" AOV with volume objects.
- All render settings are exported in. rpr export.
- "Use shader normal" in Uber shader now behaves as expected. If checked use the master shader normal or can be overridden with each lobe.
- Fixed issue that a Blend Node was not working as input to Uber displacement.
- Fixed issue of iteration count going over requested amount.
- Materials can be exported to an XML format.
- AI-Accelerated Denoiser is Windows only
- LWR denoise filter does not work on macOS
ISV Certification Notes
- Due to Maya-MtoA software issue Trac #3142, some Viewport Draw modes for stand-ins draw an infinite line. Workaround is to toggle the Viewport Draw Mode of the stand-in in the Attribute Editor.
- Autodesk Maya 2017/2018 may show gray patch in playback in certain models due Maya issue Maya 41945. Workaround is to click on a different frame on timeline or to click on first frame.
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.6 is compatible with the following applications:
- Autodesk® Maya® 2019
- Autodesk® Maya® 2018
- Autodesk® Maya® 2017
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.6 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
- macOS® High Sierra 10.13.3+
- macOS® Mojave 10.14.0+
Radeon ProRender for Maya v2.6 is compatible with the following graphics products:
|Microsoft Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 7|
|Radeon™ WX series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Polaris”)||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W Series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo (“Fiji”)||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ R9 series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ RX series||✓||✓|
AMD Radeon™ ProRender for Blender is compatible with the followings graphics products for systems running macOS® High Sierra 10.13.4 or later:
- AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
- AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
- AMD Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition
- AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 64
- AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56
- AMD Radeon™ RX 580, RX 570, RX 480 and RX 470
For more information, visit the Apple support website for eGPU support here.
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and Maya are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
macOS and Metal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.