"AMD is at our best when we are taking bold, calculated risks and aggressively pursuing the leading-edge technologies that change the world."
Dr. Lisa Su
President and Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Lisa Su is AMD’s president and chief executive officer and also serves on the company’s board of directors. Previously, she was chief operating officer responsible for integrating AMD’s business units, sales, global operations and infrastructure enablement teams into a single market-facing organization responsible for all aspects of product strategy and execution. Dr. Su joined AMD in January 2012 as senior vice president and general manager, global business units and was responsible for driving end-to-end business execution of AMD’s products and solutions.
Prior to joining AMD, Dr. Su served as senior vice president and general manager, Networking and Multimedia at Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., and was responsible for global strategy, marketing and engineering for the company’s embedded communications and applications processor business. Dr. Su joined Freescale in 2007 as chief technology officer, where she led the company’s technology roadmap and research and development efforts.
Dr. Su spent the previous 13 years at IBM in various engineering and business leadership positions, including vice president of the Semiconductor Research and Development Center responsible for the strategic direction of IBM’s silicon technologies, joint development alliances and semiconductor R&D operations. Prior to IBM, she was a member of the technical staff at Texas Instruments in the Semiconductor Process and Device Center (SPDC).
Dr. Su has bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees in electrical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She has published more than 40 technical articles and was named a Fellow of the Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) in 2009. In 2017, Dr. Su was named one of the “World’s 50 Greatest Leaders” by Fortune Magazine and the “Top Ranked Semiconductor CEO” by Institutional Investor Magazine. She serves on the Board of Directors for Analog Devices, the Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) and the U.S. Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA).
Awards and Accolades:
- 2018 Dr. Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award, Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA)
- 2018 Appointed as Board of Directors Chair of the Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA)
- 2018 Elected to National Academy of Engineering
- 2018 Woman of the Year, UPWARD
- 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award, Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce
- 2017 World’s 50 Greatest Leaders, Fortune Magazine
- 2017 Top Ranked Semiconductor CEO, Institutional Investor Magazine
- 2017 People to Watch, HPCWire
- 2016 Pinnacle Award, Asian American Business Development Center
- 2016 Top 50 Women in Technology, National Diversity Council
- 2015 Visionary of the Year, SFGate
- 2014 ACE Executive of the Year, EETimes and EDN
- 2003 Outstanding Achievement in Business, YWCA
- 2002 Top 100 Young Innovators, MIT Technology Review
Lisa's Photo Gallery
AMD CEO describes key gaming partnerships with Sony, Microsoft: We're helping them with their ‘secret sauce’ - CNBC Mad Money
How this CEO avoided the glass cliff and turned around an “uninvestable” company - Fast Company
AMD CEO Su: This Computing Cycle Is Up for Grabs - Barron’s
AMD CEO Refocused Company on Growth in Graphics, High-Performance Compute - Tech.pinions
Lisa Su Elected to the National Academy of Engineering for contributions to engineering, silicon-on-insulator technology and industry leadership - NAE
2017 World’s 50 Greatest Leaders - Fortune
On the Art of Setting Ambitious Goals - New York Times
Making a Big Bet on Brand New Tech - Fortune
On Going from an Engineer to the CEO Suite (and Defying the Glass Cliff) (audio) - Fort Knox