New AMD Ryzen PRO Processors featured in Dell Latitude, HP Elite, and Lenovo Think designs representing the broadest portfolio of enterprise PC offerings in AMD history
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced unprecedented adoption of its AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors – including new notebooks and desktops powered by Ryzen PRO processors with built-in Radeon™ Vega graphics now available from the world’s three largest enterprise PC OEMs. AMD Ryzen PRO APUs for premium commercial desktop and notebooks provide commercial PC buyers with new levels of choice and innovation and enable Dell, HP, and Lenovo to create a range of business systems, from sleek enterprise notebooks to powerful commercial desktops. Combined, these systems make up the broadest portfolio of AMD processor-based enterprise PCs in the company’s history.
“Our mission with AMD Ryzen processors is to deliver more performance, features, and choice to users. We’ve fulfilled this promise over the last year across the premium consumer desktop and notebook markets. Now, we bring those same principles to a full range of commercial notebooks and desktops,” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, AMD. “The new enterprise platforms introduced by Dell, HP and Lenovo mark an important milestone for AMD, demonstrating that we are addressing the needs of the premium commercial market from top-to-bottom. Ryzen PRO mobile processors can enable all-day battery life1 up to 16 hours of use, world-class productivity performance, and sensational graphics built on Radeon technology.”
Ryzen PRO processors are designed to meet the fast-changing requirements of today’s business PC users, including both commercial workloads and rich multimedia capabilities that are becoming more typical as the traditional boundaries between work and personal computing merge. Offering desktop-class performance in an ultrathin notebook2 , the AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U offers more system performance than the competition3 and up to 16 hours of battery life to enable all-day productivity1. In desktop, the AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2400G and AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 2200G delivers world-class performance on heavily graphics-intensive commercial and workstation-grade workloads ranging from graphics design to 3D CAD to medical imaging, while also excelling at general office productivity tasks4,5.
Designed specifically for the commercial market, all Ryzen PRO processors provide security, reliability and performance with the award-winning AMD “Zen” architecture. Armed with AMD GuardMI technology, Ryzen PRO processors with Radeon Vega Graphics offer state-of-the-art security at the silicon level from power-on to power-off. Commercial-grade quality and reliability help ensure platform longevity, and open-standard manageability helps safeguard businesses from being locked into proprietary solutions.
Global OEM & Partner Support
During an event in front of global press and industry analysts last week, several top global PC OEMs unveiled a breadth of commercial platform offerings including light but powerful enterprise notebooks, robust enterprise desktops, compact enterprise micro towers and small form factor desktops, all powered by Ryzen PRO processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
“We’re proud to introduce our first Ryzen PRO based Latitude 5495 laptop that delivers outstanding performance in a beautiful design,” said Andy Rhodes, vice president & general manager, Dell Commercial Mobility Solutions. “The Latitude 5495 complements the OptiPlex 5055 desktop PC and provides our customers with another compelling AMD Ryzen PRO option within the world’s most secure, manageable and reliable commercial portfolio.”
“HP is redefining the commercial PC experience as the traditional boundaries between work and life blend. Our latest offerings with AMD Ryzen PRO processors integrate powerful processing and graphics into innovative solutions built with a focus on design, security, and collaboration to power the modern workforce.” Lorena Kubera, Global Head of Commercial Product Management, HP Inc.
“For more than 25 years, the ThinkPad brand has been defined by simplicity, function, and reliability. And as the digital transformation advances with exponential speed, Lenovo maintains a relentless quest to deliver a no-compromise customer experience,” said Jerry Paradise, vice president, Lenovo global commercial portfolio & product management. “Expanding that portfolio to include the latest Ryzen PRO processors in our ThinkPad A series notebooks and ThinkCentre M715q & M725s desktops helps us to further support our enterprise customers and their ever-evolving business requirements.”
“Modern workers are changing how they work and play – always on-the-go, multi-tasking from basic office productivity work like emailing, word processing, editing spreadsheets and presentations, to web browsing and livestreaming multimedia content all at the same time,” said Roanne Sones, general manager, strategy and ecosystem for Windows at Microsoft. “The new multi-core design of Ryzen PRO processors delivers amazing performance on Windows 10 PCs, while the ‘Vega’ graphics architecture enables a smoother and richer visual experience, ideally suited for today’s modern commercial environments.”
Ryzen™ PRO mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics:
|Model||CPU Cores||Threads||Max Clock (GHz)||Graphics Compute Units||Max GPU Clock (MHz)||L2/L3 Cache (MB)||cTDP (Watts)|
|Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U with Radeon™ Vega 10 Graphics||4||8||3.8||10||1300||6||15W Nominal|
|Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2500U with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics||4||8||3.6||8||1100||6||15W Nominal|
|Ryzen™ 3 PRO 2300U with Radeon™ Vega 6 Graphics||4||4||3.4||6||1100||6||15W Nominal|
Ryzen™ PRO desktop processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics:
|Model||CPU Cores||Threads||Max Clock (GHz)||Graphics Compute Units||Max GPU Clock (MHz)||L2/L3 Cache (MB)||TDP (Watts)|
|Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2400G with Radeon™ Vega
|Ryzen™ 3 PRO 2200G with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics||4||4||3.7||8||1100||6||65W|
|Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2400GE with Radeon™ Vega 11 Graphics||4||8||3.8||11||1250||6||35W|
|Ryzen™ 3 PRO 2200GE with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics||4||4||3.6||8||1100||6||35W|
- Learn more about
AMD Ryzen PRO processors
- Learn more about Ryzen™ PRO Mobile Processors
- Learn more about
Commercial Systems Showcase
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Ryzen, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. SPEC® and the benchmark SPECviewperf® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (SPEC). Learn more at www.spec.org. PCMark is a registered trademark of Futuremark Corporation. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Battery life evaluated with MobileMark® 2014 version 1.5. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of 5/4/2018. Total battery life measured: 961 minutes (16 hours). System configuration: Dell Latitude 5495, Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U, Radeon™ Vega10 Graphics, 1x4GB DDR4-2400, Liteon 59X3P SSD, 14" 1366x768 display at 150 nits, Qualcomm DW1820 WLAN, Bluetooth OFF, USB Selective Suspend enabled, Windows® 10 Pro RS4 x64, 68Wh battery. Results may vary with system configuration. RPM-21
- Testing by AMD Performance labs as of 11/07/2017. Cinebench R15 nT is used to simulate multi-thread CPU performance; the 15W TDP mXFR enabled AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U scored 661, while the 91W TDP Intel i5-7600K scored 663 for a benchmark score comparison of 661/663 = 1.00X or equivalent performance. System Configurations: AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U Processor: HP 83C6, AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U Processor with Radeon™ Vega 10 Graphics, 8GB Dual Channel (2x4GB) DDR4-2400 RAM, Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SATA SSD, Windows 10 Pro RS2, Graphics driver 22.19.655.0, 12-Sep-2017 Intel Core i5-7600K: MSI B250 GAMING M3, Intel Core i5-7600K with NVIDIA GTX 1080, 16GB (2x8GB) Dual Channel DDR4-2400 RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD and Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe, Windows 10 Pro, Graphics driver 22.214.171.12478
PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. RPM-14
- CPU performance represented by Cinebench R15 nT. System performance represented by PCMark® 10 Extended. Graphics performance represented by 3DMark® 11 P-score. Testing conducted by AMD performance labs as of 5/3/2018. Scores presented in order of i7-8650U vPro vs. Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U. Cinebench R15 nT: 674 vs. 666 (1% slower); PCMark® 10 Extended: 2894 vs. 3117 (7.7% faster); 3DMark® 11: 2095 vs. 3893 (85% faster). AMD System configuration: AMD Reference Motherboard, Ryzen™ 7 PRO 2700U, 2x4GB DDR4-2400, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Radeon™ Vega10 graphics (driver 23.20.768), 15W thermal solution, Windows® 10 Pro RS3 x64, BIOS WMD8111N, 1920x1080. Intel system: Dell Latitude 7490 (0KP0FT), Core i7-8650U vPro, 2x4GB DDR4-2400, 512GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD, Intel UHD 620 graphics (driver 126.96.36.19999), Windows® 10 Pro RS4 x64, 1920x1080. Results may vary with system configuration. RPM-19
- SPECviewperf® 12.0.1 medical-01 used to represent medical imaging performance. Test by AMD performance labs as of 4/26/2018. Performance results in order of i5-8400 vs. Ryzen™ 5 2400G (higher is better): 3.70 vs. 10.32 (2.789X greater). System configuration(s): AMD Reference Motherboard + AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G vs. Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 + Core i5-8400, 2x8GB DDR4-2667, Radeon™ Vega11 Graphics (driver 17.40 RC19) vs. Intel UHD 630 (driver 15.47.02.4815), Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Windows 10 Pro RS3. Performance results may vary with configuration. Additional information about the SPEC benchmarks can be found at www.spec.org/gwpg. SPECviewperf 12.0.1 is a retired version, however results are comparable to the most recent version, 12.1.1. RZP-22
- SPECviewperf® 12.0.1 sw-03 used to represent 3D CAD performance. Test by AMD performance labs as of 4/26/2018. Performance results in order of i5-8400 vs. Ryzen™ 5 2400G (higher is better): 29.07 vs. 44.8 (54% greater). System configuration(s): AMD Reference Motherboard + AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G vs. Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 + Core i5-8400, 2x8GB DDR4-2667, Radeon™ Vega11 Graphics (driver 17.40 RC19) vs. Intel UHD 630 (driver 15.47.02.4815), Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Windows 10 Pro RS3. Performance results may vary with configuration. Additional information about the SPEC benchmarks can be found at www.spec.org/gwpg. SPECviewperf 12.0.1 is a retired version, however results are comparable to the most recent version, 12.1.1. RZP-23