AMD Radeon Settings displays information about the current driver installed in the system. It also provides a quick and easy method to check if a new driver is available. This article provides step by step guidance on finding the current driver version and how to check if a new driver is available.
- Open AMD Radeon Settings - Right click on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Click on System to access the system overview, software and hardware details.
- Select the Software tab for detailed information about the installed graphics driver. This screen provides the driver version as well as the versions for the various software components installed.
- Click on View Release Notes. The release notes for the currently installed driver will be displayed using the systems default browser.
NOTE! The release notes contain a list of new features, performance improvements and fixed and known issues for the currently installed driver.
To check for driver updates, follow the steps below:
- In Radeon Settings, click on the Updates menu option.
NOTE! If a new driver is available, the menu option will show New Update.
- Radeon Settings will report the driver version currently installed and provide an option to check for updates, as shown in the example below:
- Select Check for Updates and if a newer driver version is available, the following screen will be displayed indicating the driver version available to be installed. In the example below, a New Recommended and New Optional driver are available for download and install.
NOTE! A Recommended driver has a collection of performance enhancements and fixes which have passed extensive internal quality assessments and has received the Microsoft® Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certification. An Optional driver provides the latest support for new game titles and graphics products that launch between recommended driver releases.
- To proceed with installing a new driver version, click on the tile of the desired driver version and the following menu options should appear:
Express Upgrade – Installs only the core components of the driver package.
Custom Upgrade – Provides an option to select and install individual components.
Release Notes – View the driver release notes to learn about its features and fixes
NOTE! For more information about Express and Custom installations, please refer to KB article: How to Install Radeon™ Software on a Windows® Based System
- Select the preferred upgrade option or click on X to cancel and return to AMD Radeon Settings home screen.
- Click on Proceed to begin the upgrade process or click on X to cancel and return to AMD Radeon Settings home screen.
- The driver package will begin downloading and installing. This may take some time depending on your network connection. For more information about installing Radeon Software, please refer to KB article: How to Install Radeon™ Software on a Windows® Based System
- Once the driver has been successfully installed, please restart your system as prompted.