This article provides steps on how to enable a secondary monitor (via VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort) or a TV set (via S-video) using the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center software.
- ATI Radeon™ series of products
- ATI All-in-Wonder™ series of products
- ATI FirePro™ series of products
- ATI FireMV™ 2250 PCI Express product
- Catalyst™ Control Center
- Windows Vista® 32-bit Edition
- Windows Vista® 64-bit Edition
- Windows® XP Professional
- Windows® XP Home Edition
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition
- Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows® 2000 Professional
- Make sure the TV set is properly connected to the S-Video output of the graphics card. When using a monitor such as a CRT or flat panel LCD, make sure it is connected via VGA or DVI or DVI-to-HDMI or HDMI or DisplayPort.
- Open the Catalyst™ Control Center in Advanced View and click on Displays Manager:
There are 5 ways to open the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
- From the desktop click on the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
- Or by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop select the Catalyst Control Center.
- Or by clicking on the ATI logo on the taskbar
- Or by Clicking Start | Programs | ATI Catalyst™ Control Center
- Or by Clicking the Predefined Combination keys (Ctrl+Alt+C)
- The TV set or monitor icon should appear under "Attached displays currently disabled". If not, click on "Detect Displays". Should the TV set or monitor still fail to appear, please check your cable connection.
- Right-click on the TV set icon or monitor icon and select the desired configuration.
- Extend Main onto TV / Extend Main onto monitor
- Clone Main with TV / Clone Main with monitor
- Stretch Main horizontally onto TV / Stretch Main horizontally onto monitor
- Stretch Main vertically onto TV / Stretch Main vertically onto monitor
Note! If the above options are not available or grayed out for TV-out, please try to connect your monitor to the other available port of the graphics card (VGA or DVI, varies depending on your product) because the S-Video and secondary port of the graphics card share the same signal.
- Click on "Yes" to confirm the new configuration.
- Now the TV set or monitor should appear in the box right beside "Main".
- To change the settings, click on TV icon or monitor again and select the desired configuration.