AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards are designed to accelerate 3D and server workstation applications. With certification on certain leading computer aided design (CAD), media and entertainment (M&E) and architecture/engineering/construction (AEC) applications, AMD FirePro is the high performance choice for graphics professionals. These release notes provide information on the AMD FirePro Unified Driver version 15.301.2601.1004 for Dell Mobile Workstations.
AMD FireProTM Professional Graphics Technologies
Discover key innovations packed into AMD FirePro Professional Graphics here:
- The software update functionality within FirePro Settings may pick up a non-workstation driver. 
- Rare timeout (TDR) has been observed while resizing the video window within workspaces of video editing software. 
- Creo 3.0 Material Analysis functionality may fail. 
- Log file produces zeros for certain tests in SPEC benchmarks. 
- AMD FireProTM branding changes for the driver installer. 
- On Windows 8.1 Solidworks Performance Test 2016 may crash after a while, referencing "atio6axx.dll". 
- AutoDesk Maya 2015/2016 – Marquee may not be useable in Object Mode. 
- SolidWorks 2015 – Steamlines in Flow Simulation plugins have been observed to be missing in some instances. 
- Specific workstation build information may not be visible in FirePro Settings within the System > Software tab. 
- When Driver Verifier is running, Blu-ray discs may not play in PowerDVD in certain system configurations. 
- On a mobile platform with PX enabled on Windows 7, changing "Graphics Settings" within FirePro Settings, on some systems, take longer than expected. 
- On a mobile platform with PX enabled on Windows 7, the AVID benchmark may not run to completion on certain systems. 
- In PX with Windows 8.1, on certain systems with "High Performance Mode" turned on, 3DSMax 2017 may cite an error upon application closure. 
This driver is not intended for use on AMD FireProTM products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing the AMD FireProTM Unified Driver for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of AMD FireProTM Unified Driver 15.301.2601.1004.
AMD FireProTM Unified Driver 15.301.2601.1004 requires Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (or subsequent Service Packs) must be installed.
AMD FireProTM Unified Driver-15.301.2601.1004 is compatible with the following Workstation Graphics products:
|AMD FireProTM M4000||AMD FireProTM M6000|
|AMD FireProTM M5100||AMD FireProTM M6100|
|AMD FireProTM W5130M||AMD FireProTM W4170M|
|AMD FireProTM W5170M||AMD FireProTM W7170M|
Compatible Operating Systems
AMD FireProTM Unified Driver-15.301.2601.1004 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD FireProTM product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)