Last Updated: November 15, 2018
The latest Radeon ProRender for USD plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
- Radeon ProRender for USD
Note: The USD Hydra delegate is meant to be used with an existing Pixar USD install, however for convenience of testing we distribute a build on windows of USD, along with the Radeon ProRender plugin.
See github for instructions building the plugin with your existing USD application or installation, or User Guide for instructions for testing with the windows build.
Radeon ProRender for USD Highlights
- New Features
- Support for rendering OpenVDB volume caches specified with the USDVol API Support for rendering curve primitives (hair)
- Added support for USD AOV selection. Choose which output to display.
- Updated support to 18.11 release of USD.
- HDRPR preferences are stored in the user config folder.
- Issues with USDPreviewSurface that caused metallic surfaces to appear black while rendering has been fixed.
- Scaling issues seen with Sphere lights are fixed.
- Lights now have the correct transform hierarchy applied.
- Cameras were offset with the camera mask.
- Issues related to macOS builds are now fixed.
- More responsive rendering with use of OpenGL interop.
- Dome lights support the full Transform stack.
Radeon ProRender for USD is compatible with the following applications:
- USD 18.11
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for USD is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (64-bit)
- CentOS 7.5
- Ubuntu® 16.04.3
- macOS® High Sierra 10.13.3+
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD’s products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
USD is a trademark of USD Foundation, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
macOS and Metal are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.