Last Updated: April 6, 2018
Radeon™ ProRender is a powerful physically-based rendering engine that enables creative professionals to produce stunningly photorealistic images. Built on highly efficient, high-performance Radeon™ Rays technology, Radeon ProRender 's complete, scalable ray tracing engine uses open industry standards to harness GPU and CPU performance for swift, impressive results.
This Radeon ProRender plug-in for Autodesk® Maya® is a feature rich solution which enables the user to render high quality images of their models. With this tool, users can render and then perform a host of post image processes.
The latest Radeon ProRender for Maya v126.96.36.199 plug-in can be downloaded from the following links:
Radeon ProRender for Maya v188.8.131.52 Highlights
- Shadow Catcher Material is now available – objects can be marked as shadow catchers for compositing rendered shadows to a background.
- IES lights are available for using physical emission maps.
- Improved stability and raytracing performance is significantly improved in most scenes for AMD GPU hardware.
- The user can render volumes with cameras inside the volume.
- Files can be exported for interchanging between plug-ins.
- Differences when rendering refractive objects in CPU vs GPU mode.
- A crash could occur if viewport rendering and production render were running simultaneously.
- IPR stability and speed is improved.
- Fixed issue with alpha channel overriding backgrounds.
- Fixed issue with creating mesh on FBX import.
- A memory leak with editing IBL light while interactive rendering on GPU has been fixed.
- Performance when rendering many object instances on CPU has been improved.
ISV Certification Notes
- Due to Maya-MtoA software issue Trac #3142, some Viewport Draw modes for stand-ins draw an infinite line. Workaround is to toggle the Viewport Draw Mode of the stand-in in the Attribute Editor.
- Autodesk® Maya® 2017/2018 may show gray patch in playback in certain models due Maya issue Maya 41945. Workaround is to click on a different frame on timeline or to click on first frame.
Radeon ProRender for Maya v184.108.40.206 is compatible with the following applications:
- Autodesk® Maya® 2016 SP2
- Autodesk® Maya® 2016.5
- Autodesk® Maya® 2017
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon ProRender for Maya v220.127.116.11 is designed to support the following operating system platforms:
- CentOS 6.5 (Maya® 2016/2017)
- CentOS 7.2 (Maya® 2017)
Radeon ProRender for Maya v18.104.22.168 is compatible with the following graphics products:
|CentOS 6.5||CentOS 7.2|
|Radeon™ WX series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W Series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ R9 series||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ RX series||✓||✓|
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions, and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document, and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non- infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. Terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products are as set forth in a signed agreement between the parties or in AMD's Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD arrow, FirePro, Radeon Pro, Radeon ProRender and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, and Maya are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.