This article provides information about Radeon™ Settings Advisor and is organized into the following sections:
Radeon Settings Advisor is a feature that scans your GPU and display configuration and recommends settings supported by your hardware, which may improve your computing experience. You can view all available recommendations within the Radeon Settings Advisor screen and easily apply them with a single click.
Radeon Settings Advisor is available starting in Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition (18.12.2) for Windows 7® and Windows® 10 64-bit and supported on the following AMD Graphics:
- Radeon™ RX Vega Series
- Radeon™ RX 500 Series
- Radeon™ RX 400 Series
NOTE! Radeon Settings Advisor is not supported on platforms with Switchable Graphics, Radeon™ Pro Graphics, or AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics.
Radeon Settings Advisor provides recommendations based on the supported features of the installed GPU and attached display(s). Recommendations are grouped into three categories.
- Gaming - Recommendations include:
Radeon ReLive – Lets you record your gaming session or stream it live to several streaming services.
Radeon Chill – Conserves GPU power by selectively limiting frame rates.
Enhanced Sync – Enables more responsive gaming with reduced input lag.
VSR – Lets you choose higher display resolutions in games, which are then scaled down to fit your display.
- Display - Recommendations include:
Resolution & Refresh Rate – Sets the display to its native resolution and peak refresh rate making the display appear sharper, with smoother animation.
FreeSync – Provides smoother animation in games.
HDR and WCG - High-dynamic range (HDR) and wide color gamut (WCG) allows your displays to show a broader range of colors.
- System - Recommendations include:
Radeon Software Update – If a newer driver is available it will appear as a recommendation.
NOTE! Display recommendations would not be available for displays configured in an AMD Eyefinity display group.
NOTE! In AMD Crossfire configurations, recommendations apply only to the master GPU and its connected displays.
NOTE! In Multi-GPU (MGPU) configurations, Radeon Settings Advisor is only available if at least one of the GPUs is supported.
Radeon Settings Advisor automatically scans your GPU and display configuration when Radeon Settings is initialized.
To access Radeon Settings Advisor and view available recommendations, follow the steps below:
- Open Radeon Settings by right-clicking on your desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Click the Radeon Settings Advisor icon as shown in the screenshot below.
- A list of recommendations will now be displayed, as shown in the example below:
- By default, all available recommendations are selected. If you wish to accept all of the recommendations, click Apply.
- If you do not wish to apply a specific recommendation, uncheck the tick box next to the recommendation. In the example below, Radeon Chill is unchecked:
- You can check for new recommendations at any time by clicking Scan. This may be useful if you have adjusted settings or changed hardware.
- When finished, close Radeon Settings.