This article provides instructions on using the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool to get the latest drivers for your AMD graphics product. The contents of this article are organized into the follow sections:
The AMD Driver Auto-detect tool is a small application designed to detect the model of the AMD graphics product and the version of the Microsoft® Windows® operating system installed in your computer. Upon successful detection, the tool should display the latest compatible driver(s) available for download for your AMD graphics product.
This tool is for use with systems running Microsoft® Windows® 7 or 10 and equipped with AMD Radeon™ discrete desktop graphics, mobile graphics, or AMD processors with Radeon graphics.
If your system is not running Windows® 7 or 10, or is equipped with AMD Radeon™ Pro graphics, Embedded graphics, Chipsets, etc., please use the AMD Product Selector.
The AMD Driver Auto-detect tool is available on the AMD Driver and Support page. To download and install the tool, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the AMD Driver and Support page and see section Auto-Detect and Install Radeon™ Graphics Drivers for Windows®.
- Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to begin downloading the executable file for the tool.
- Once download is complete, run the file to launch the Installer.
- Click Install to extract the needed files.
NOTE! Although you may specify the destination folder for the extracted files, using the default folder is recommended.
- After file extraction is complete the tool should automatically launch and display the following screen:
- Review the End User License Agreement and information about the User Experience Improvement Program.
- Click Accept and Install to continue or close the window to exit the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool.
- After clicking Accept and Install, the tool will attempt to detect the installed AMD graphics product and operating system.
- Upon successful detection of your system configuration, the tool will display the latest Recommended and Optional driver packages that are compatible with your graphics product, as well as the currently installed driver version (if any) as shown in the example below:
A Recommended driver has a collection of performance enhancements and fixes which have passed extensive internal quality assessments and has received the Microsoft® Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certification.
An Optional driver provides the latest support for new game titles and graphics products that launch between Recommended driver releases.
NOTE! If the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool couldn’t find compatible drivers for your AMD graphics product or if you are looking for an earlier driver version, then you may try searching for it using the AMD Product Selector. For information on using the AMD Product Selector, please KB article: How to Find the Latest Compatible Drivers for an AMD Graphics Product
- Select the desired version and the following options should appear:
Express Install – Install all core components in the default folder location, C:\Program Files\AMD\.
Custom Install – Provides the option to select individual components and the folder for installation.
Read more online – Displays the driver release notes using your default web browser.
- Choose either Express or CustomInstall to begin downloading the specified components.
- After the driver package has been downloaded, installation should begin automatically. For more information on how to install the Radeon Software package, please refer to KB article: How to Install Radeon™ Software on a Windows® Based System
If the AMD Driver Auto-detect tool has encountered a problem during the system detection, driver download and/or installation phase, one of the following messages may be displayed:
- Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package
- Error 182 – AMD Installer Cannot Properly Identify the AMD Graphics Hardware
- Error 183 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Third Party Graphics Drivers Installed
- Error 184 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Unsupported an Operating System
- Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found
- Error 174 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to an Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware Configuration
- Error 175 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware
- Error 192 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to an Operating System Issue
- Error 176 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Insufficient Disk Space
- Error 186 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Missing or Corrupted Manifest Files
- Error 98 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Because Driver Files are Missing
- Error 99 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Because the Driver has not Been Digitally Signed
- Error 193 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Due to Missing or Corrupted Files
- Error 194 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Because It Was Unable to Load Required Files
- Error 195 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since It Cannot Access the Required Web Resources
- Error 196 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since It Cannot Download the Driver Package
When any one of the above errors occur, the tool cannot continue further until the issue is resolved. For information about an error and recommended solution(s), please click on its link above to view the associated KB article.