This article provides information on the latest version of the Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux®
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux can be downloaded from the following links*:
Installing the Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux Driver
For detailed instructions on how to install or uninstall Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux®, please refer to the following KB article: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Installation-Instructions-for-amdgpu-Graphics-Stacks.aspx
To use the Vulkan driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK version v220.127.116.11 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux Highlights
- Delivers amdgpu-pro and amdgpu-all-open stacks using the same packaging infrastructure.
- Provides support for RHEL 7.4 and CentOS 7.4.
- Large Page Support is enabled by default.
- Corruption is observed while resizing terminal window in Ubuntu® 16.04.3 – this is a kernel issue and is expected to be fixed with Ubuntu® 16.04.4.
- A SLES 12 updated driver will arrive alongside our Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Driver 18.Q1 release.
- Fatal Error occurred while performing StoryboardGraphics on ANSYS® Workbench ™ 18.1.
Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 for Linux is compatible with the following AMD graphics products
AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility
|Radeon™ Pro WX series|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 9100||
|Radeon™ Pro WX 7100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 5100||Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris" & "Fiji")|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 4100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 3100||AMD FirePro™ S series|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 2100||AMD FirePro™ S7150x2|
|AMD FirePro™ S7150|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||AMD FirePro™ S7100X|
|AMD FirePro™ W9100||AMD FirePro™ S7000|
|AMD FirePro™ W8100||AMD FirePro™ S9000|
|AMD FirePro™ W7100||AMD FirePro™ S9050|
|AMD FirePro™ W5100||AMD FirePro™ S9100|
|AMD FirePro™ W4300||AMD FirePro™ S9150|
|AMD FirePro™ W4100||AMD FirePro™ S9170|
|AMD FirePro™ W2100||AMD FirePro™ S9300x2|
|AMD FirePro™ W600||AMD FirePro™ S10000|
Packaged Driver Contents
- AMDGPU All-Open and AMDGPU-Pro Driver (base driver 17.50)
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Compatible Operating Systems
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.4 (64-bit version)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.4 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu® 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- AMD FreeSync™ support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and assumes no liability of any kind, including the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for particular purposes, with respect to the operation or use of AMD hardware, software or other products described herein. No license, including implied or arising by estoppel, to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD FirePro, Radeon Pro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.