This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Linux®.
AMDGPU-PRO Driver (base driver 17.40) Highlights
Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4 for Linux introduces Large Page Support for Blockchain Compute Workloads.
- Signal 11 may be observed while running Benchmark.
- Stability issues with Indigo Bench on second scene render.
- Unexpected behavior with Blender™ rendering.
- Failures are intermittently observed with Radeon™ ProRender > V266.
- Upgrades to RHEL/CentOS 7.4 won't be supported in this release – the recommended best practice is to hold off distribution upgrades until a supported version of AMDGPU-Pro is released.
- Corruption is observed while resizing terminal window in Ubuntu® 16.04.3
- Fatal Error occurred while performing Workbench Storyboard Graphics on Ansys 18.1
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™*, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 17.40 for RHEL 7.3 / CentOS 7.3
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 17.40 for RHEL 6.9 / CentOS 6.9
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 17.40 for Ubuntu 16.04.3
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver Version 17.40 for SLED/SLES 12 SP2
Installing the AMDGPU-Pro Driver
For detailed instructions on how to Install or Uninstall the AMDGPU-Pro Driver, please refer to the following KB articles, according to the operating system of choice:
To use Vulkan driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK Version 184.108.40.206 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
Enabling Large Page Support
The syntax of this module parameter is amdgpu.vm_fragment_size=X, where the actual fragment size is 4KB * 2^X. The default is X=4, which means 64KB. To get 2MB fragments, set X=9.
|Ubuntu 16.04 LTS||
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
|AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility |
Radeon™ Pro WX series
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Radeon™ Pro WX 7100
Radeon™ Pro WX 5100
Radeon™ Pro WX 4100
Radeon™ Pro WX 3100
Radeon™ Pro WX 2100
AMD FirePro™ W series
AMD FirePro™ W9100
AMD FirePro™ W8100
AMD FirePro™ W7100
AMD FirePro™ W5100
AMD FirePro™ W4300
AMD FirePro™ W4100
AMD FirePro™ W2100
AMD FirePro™ W600
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||AMD FirePro™ S series|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")|
|Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580 series||Radeon™ RX Vega series|
|Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano||Radeon™ RX 460/470/480|
|Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X||Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X|
|Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600||Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350|
|Radeon™ R5 340||Radeon™ R9 360|
Packaged Driver Contents
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Compatible Operating Systems
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.3 (64-bit version)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu® 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- Radeon FreeSync™ support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
*OpenCL is a trademark of Apple, Inc. used with permission by the Khronos Group