This article provides information on the latest version of the AMDGPU-Pro Driver for Linux®.
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver can be downloaded from the following links*:
Installing the AMDGPU-Pro Driver
For detailed instructions on how to Install or Uninstall the AMDGPU-Pro Driver, please refer to the following KB articles, according to the operating system of choice:
To use Vulkan driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK Version 22.214.171.124 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
AMDGPU-PRO Driver (base driver 17.40) Highlights
Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 for Linux introduces Large Page Support for Blockchain Compute Workloads.
- Signal 11 may be observed while running Benchmark.
- Stability issues with Indigo Bench on second scene render.
- Unexpected behavior with Blender™ rendering.
- Failures are intermittently observed with Radeon™ ProRender > V266.
- Hot plugging secondary Display wont light up with Radeon™ Pro WX 9100 on Ubuntu® 16.04.3.
- Upgrades to RHEL/CentOS 7.4 won't be supported in this release – the recommended best practice is to hold off distribution upgrades until a supported version of AMDGPU-Pro is released.
- Corruption is observed while resizing terminal window in Ubuntu® 16.04.3
- Fatal Error occurred while performing Workbench Storyboard Graphics on Ansys 18.1
Enabling Large Page Support
The syntax of this module parameter is amdgpu.vm_fragment_size=X, where the actual fragment size is 4KB * 2^X. The default is X=4, which means 64KB. To get 2MB fragments, set X=9.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
The AMDGPU-Pro Driver is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
|AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ Pro WX series|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 9100||Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 7100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 5100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 4100||Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris" & "Fiji")|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 3100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 2100|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||AMD FirePro™ S series|
|AMD FirePro™ W9100||AMD FirePro™ S7150x2|
|AMD FirePro™ W8100||AMD FirePro™ S7150|
|AMD FirePro™ W7100||AMD FirePro™ S7100X|
|AMD FirePro™ W5100||AMD FirePro™ S7000|
|AMD FirePro™ W4300||AMD FirePro™ S9000|
|AMD FirePro™ W4100||AMD FirePro™ S9050|
|AMD FirePro™ W2100||AMD FirePro™ S9100|
|AMD FirePro™ W600||AMD FirePro™ S9150|
|AMD FirePro™ S9170|
|AMD FirePro™ S9300x2|
|AMD FirePro™ S10000|
Packaged Driver Contents
- AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Compatible Operating Systems
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.3 (64-bit version)
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.9 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 7.3 (64-bit version)
- CentOS 6.9 (64-bit version)
- Ubuntu® 16.04.3 (64-bit version)
- SLED/SLES 12 SP2 (64-bit version)
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Vulkan™ 1.0
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- Radeon FreeSync™ support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.