Radeon™ Pro graphics empower content creators and designers at many levels, from casual makers and students all the way up to seasoned professionals and enterprise workstation users. Radeon™ Pro Software is certified in over 100 workstation applications covering the leading software professionals use, including Autodesk® AutoCAD®, Dassault Systèmes® CATIA™, Siemens NX™, Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Avid® Media Composer®, Autodesk® Maya® and many more.
Radeon™ Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 continues AMD's mandate to provide professionals support for the latest software and technologies. With new support for Radeon™ Software drivers, professional users can swap between their professional and gaming drivers for the optimal experience.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 can be downloaded from the following links*:
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 Highlights
This driver contains the "Driver Options" (only available on Microsoft Windows® 10) feature that allows the user to install a Radeon Pro Software professional driver and up to two Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon™ Pro gaming drivers on their platform while using the supported products (Radeon™ Pro WX series and Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition). This feature is not available with multi-GPU configurations nor with Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris").
- Driver Options must be installed using the Custom Install option.
- It is advisable to always reboot the system after installing a new driver prior to a driver switch.
- User may encounter missing/incorrect gaming driver version number when installing and switching between Gaming Mode and Professional Mode.
- User may experience display anomalies and system crashes when creating AMD Eyefinity™ setup.
- A performance drop may be observed in SPECviewperf® 12.1.1 3ds Max®, SPECapc® 3ds Max® 2015 and SPECapc® SOLIDWORKS® 2015.
- Intermittent shadow flickering observed in PTC Creo® in "Shaded with reflection" mode.
- In SOLIDWORKS® 2017, the user may encounter anomalies during assembly "mate" process.
"Vega" Specific Fixed Issues
- HBCC Memory Segment may not retain its applied value.
VDI Specific Fixed Issues
- User may see local mouse cursor displays over crosshair cursor in AutoCAD 2017.
- User may see Radeon branding when uninstalling the driver in Professional Mode, if a Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition for Radeon Pro gaming driver is installed.
- User may see Radeon Pro Settings icon in taskbar to be red instead of blue.
- Radeon Pro Settings may become unresponsive when user clicks "Restore Factory Defaults".
- Corruption may be observed when applying poly extrude face on selected plan for Maya® 2017.
"Vega" Specific Known Issues
- Unexpected behavior when resume from sleep on Radeon™ Pro SSG.
- Unexpected behavior in Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC 8K playback when resuming from sleep and hibernate on Radeon Pro SSG.
- The uninstaller may not remove amdssg64.sys during uninstall on Radeon Pro SSG.
- The user may experience unexpected behavior creating 4x1 or 6x1 AMD Eyefinity display configurations with 5K displays.
- Unexpected behavior with 6 4K display configuration while running 3DMark Fire Strike.
- Application profiles may not be automatically created.
VDI Specific Known Issues
- Driver uninstallation may cause loss of connection to VMware Horizon View™ Standard Edition.
- Virtual machine may disconnect while upgrading driver and may not connect to VMware vSphere® Web Client until reboot.
ISV Certification Notes
- Due to Maya-MtoA software issue Trac #3142, some Viewport Draw modes for stand-ins draw an infinite line. Workaround is to toggle the Viewport Draw Mode of the stand-in in the Attribute Editor.
- Autodesk Maya 2017/2018 may show gray patch in playback in certain models due Maya issue Maya 41945. Workaround is to click on a different frame on timeline or to click on first frame.
NOTE: This driver is not intended for use on Radeon™ products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing this driver for the Microsoft Windows operating systems, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1.
NOTE: Multi-GPU Single Large Surface on Microsoft Windows® 10 is not currently supported on any hardware for Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 driver.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 is compatible with the following AMD graphics products:
|AMD FirePro™ and Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ Pro WX series||Radeon™ Pro SSG|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 9100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 7100||Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 5100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 4100||Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris" & "Fiji")|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 3100|
|Radeon™ Pro WX 2100|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||AMD FirePro™ S series|
|AMD FirePro™ W9100||AMD FirePro™ S7150x2|
|AMD FirePro™ W9000||AMD FirePro™ S7150|
|AMD FirePro™ W8100||AMD FirePro™ S7100X|
|AMD FirePro™ W8000||AMD FirePro™ S7000|
|AMD FirePro™ W7100||AMD FirePro™ S9000|
|AMD FirePro™ W7000||AMD FirePro™ S9050|
|AMD FirePro™ W5100||AMD FirePro™ S9100|
|AMD FirePro™ W5000||AMD FirePro™ S9150|
|AMD FirePro™ W4300||AMD FirePro™ S9170|
|AMD FirePro™ W4100||AMD FirePro™ S9300x2|
|AMD FirePro™ W2100||AMD FirePro™ S10000|
|AMD FirePro™ W600|
Packaged Driver Version
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 with base driver version WHQL 17.30.3201.1001 for Microsoft Windows® 10 and Microsoft Windows® 7.
- Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 with base driver version WHQL 17.30.3201.1004 for Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 and Microsoft Windows® Server 2008.
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Microsoft Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit version RS2)
- Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 (64-bit version)
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit version)
See below for details:
|Product and Operating System Compatibility |
|Windows 10 ||Windows 7 ||Windows Server
Radeon™ Pro WX series
|Radeon™ Pro WX 9100||☓||✓||☓||✓||☓||☓|
|Radeon™ Pro SSG||☓||✓||☓||☓||☓||☓|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||☓||✓||☓||✓||☓||☓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Polaris")||☓||✓||☓||✓||✓||✓|
|Radeon™ Pro Duo ("Fiji")||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|AMD FirePro™ W series||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
AMD FirePro™ S series
|AMD FirePro™ S7100 series||☓||✓||☓||✓||✓||✓|
*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.