Release Date: April 25th, 2018
This article provides information on the latest version of Radeon™ Software for Linux®.
Radeon™ Software for Linux® 18.10 Highlights
- Provides support for Ubuntu 16.04.4 and SLE 12 SP3
- Enables Vulkan® 1.1 support - Closed and Open source driver conformant with the Vulkan® 1.1 specification
- Hang/Error message/Call Trace observed in dmesg while running Ensight_10.2.2a.
- Fatal Error occurred while performing Workbench StoryboardGraphics on Ansys 18.1
- AMDGPU All-Open and AMDGPU-Pro Driver
- ROCm Platform 1.6 in supported distributions
Radeon™ Software for Linux® can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement ("EULA") linked to this note for use of AMD Proprietary OpenGL, OpenCL™, and Vulkan™ drivers provided by this download. Open source software is also provided and is subject to the terms and conditions of the licenses included with such software. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon™ Software for Linux® version 18.10 for RHEL 7.4 / CentOS 7.4
- Radeon™ Software for Linux® version 18.10 for RHEL 6.9 / CentOS 6.9
- Radeon™ Software for Linux® version 18.10 for Ubuntu 16.04.4
- Radeon™ Software for Linux® version 18.10 for SLED/SLES 12 SP
Installing Radeon™ Software for Linux®
For detailed instructions on how to install or uninstall Radeon™ Software for Linux®, please refer to the following KB article:
To use the Vulkan driver in this stack, Vulkan SDK version v184.108.40.206 needs to be installed. The SDK can be downloaded from: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home
AMD Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility
Radeon™ Software for Linux® is compatible with the following AMD products.
|AMD Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series|
|Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition||AMD FirePro™ W9100|
|Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580 Series Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W8100|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W7100|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD FirePro™ W5100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4300|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W4100|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics||AMD FirePro™ W2100|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350||AMD FirePro™ W600|
|AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600||AMD FirePro™ S-Series|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics||AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 340|||
Compatible 64-bit Operating Systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.4
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.9
- CentOS 7.4
- CentOS 6.9
- Ubuntu 16.04.4
Base Feature Support
- Supported APIs:
- Vulkan™ 1.1
- OpenCL™1.2 (not supported for 1st generation GCN products)
- OpenGL 4.5 and GLX 1.4
- Basic display features
- Basic power management features
- Note: AMD does not perform QA validation for S4 (hibernation) function as it is highly platform dependent.
- KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) and ADF (Atomic Display Framework) support
- GPL compliant kernel module
- AMD FirePro™ Features (EDID Management and 30-bit color)
- FreeSync support (Please refer to this FAQ for more information)
- DirectGMA for OpenGL
- Install script and native packages for all supported operating systems
© 2017 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, it may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors, and AMD is under no obligation to update or otherwise correct this information. ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES, WITH RESPECT TO THE OPERATION OR USE OF AMD HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR OTHER PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN. NO LICENSE, INCLUDING IMPLIED OR ARISING BY ESTOPPEL, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. This notice does not change the terms and limitations applicable to the purchase or use of AMD's products that may be set forth in a separate signed agreement between you and AMD
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD Radeon, AMD FirePro and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos