Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Highlights
- Support For:
- Radeon™ RX 470
- Radeon™ RX 460
- Performance Improvements:
- Rise of the Tomb Raider™ performance increase up to 10% versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 on Radeon™ RX 480 graphics(1)
- Overwatch™ may experience an application crash on some Radeon™ RX 480 configurations when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Vulkan™ information in the Radeon Settings software information tab may display an incorrect version.
- Radeon WattMan may retain settings of an overclock after it has failed. If you have failed an overclock with a system hang or reboot.
- Hitman™ may experience graphical corruption when the game is set to use DirectX®12 API and using zoom with weapons.
- Total War™: Warhammer may experience minor graphical corruption in some map textures on AMD Radeon R9 380.
- Flickering may be observed in Rise of the Tomb Raider™ on some AMD Crossfire configurations using the DirectX®11 API.
- Changing settings in Dragon Age Inquisition™ with the Mantle API may result in an application crash or driver recovery.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience flickering terrain in some races when the advanced blending option is enabled in the games settings page.
- Display may exhibit a minor flicker on Radeon RX 480 when Freesync is enabled on a games launch or exit.
- Shadows may experience rendering issues in DOTA2™ when using the Vulkan™ API.
- Textures may experience holes or gaps in DOOM™ when using the OpenGL API and three display AMD Eyefinity configurations.
- Need for Speed™ may experience flickering on some light sources in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Performing a task switch with two cloned displays during full screen gaming may cause flickering on the extended display.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- DiRT™ Rally may experience rain drop flickering in some races when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Displays may fail to revert to previous configuration on exit when using a profiled application launched with Radeon Settings and "Launch with AMD Eyefinity" toggled on.
- Assassin's Creed® Syndicate may experience a game crash or hang when in game settings are set to high or greater.
- Low frame rate or stutter may be experienced Wolfenstein®: The Old Blood™ on Radeon™ RX 480.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience minor flickering in SteamVR benchmark when using AMD Crossfire mode.
- Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
- Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to "off" in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
- Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Creating two or three display portrait Eyefinity groups in Radeon Settings "quick setup" and then clicking "arranging displays" may cause an error.
- Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
- World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- DOTA2™ may experience lower than expected performance when in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.
(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of July 22, 2016 on the Radeon™ RX 480 graphics card, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Rise of the Tomb Raider™. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 1920x1080, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 scored 78.73 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 scored 86.53 using the Radeon RX 480 graphics card, which is 10% faster performance. Tests are not average and may vary.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 Driver Version 16.30.2311.
Installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Crimson Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Crimson Edition on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Crimson Edition on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Note that AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury, Radeon™ Pro Duo, and Radeon™ RX 400 Series graphics are only supported by Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit.
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ RX 480||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 470||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 460||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Mobility Radeon™ Family Compatibility
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|Radeon Mobility Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M - HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M - HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD APU Product Family Compatibility
AMD APU products codenamed "Kaveri", "Godavari" and "Carrizo" are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
AMD’s 7th Generation APU products Radeon™ Graphics are only supported by AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition on Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit) and Windows® 10 (64-bit).
|AMD APU Product Family Compatibility|
|AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics||AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, or R8 Graphics|
|AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics||AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5, R6, or R7 Graphics|
|AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics|
|AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics||AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics|
|||AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 - HD 8400 Series Graphics|
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.3 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
AMD Issue Reporting Form
This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.